Event Phone: 917-825-4205
- March 8, 2020
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
March 8… NOW BOOKING!
Our annual Whale Watch Fundraiser is a great opportunity to get out on the water to play with the whales and to support the four Episcopal churches on Maui. It’s also a great opportunity for fellowship among all four congregations!
Step aboard the Pacific Whale Foundation’s “Ocean Voyager” to join us along with a professional crew of Certified Marine Naturalists who will take us out to meet and learn about our winter visitors, the Humpback Whales. This will be a two-hour tour where we’ll not only see some of these spectacular mammals and learn a lot about them, but we’ll also get to listen to their communication and song through an underwater microphone.
This will be a private, chartered tour arranged by the Episcopal churches of Maui however it is open to all who would like to attend. (Non-congregation members most welcome!). Tickets sold here. Net proceeds from this event will be evenly distributed to Good Shepherd Church – Wailuku, St. John’s – Kula, Holy Innocents – Lahaina and Trinity Episcopal Church By-the-Sea in Kihei.
Tickets available for purchase online up until 12:30pm Sunday, March 8th. Don’t wait to buy tickets as space is limited.
Here are the details:
- Two Hour Whale Watch Fundraising provided by PACIFIC WHALE FOUNDATION
- Charter Date: March 8, 2020
- Tour Time: 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Check in Time: 2:30pm
- Location: Ma’alaea Harbor, Next to the Coast Guard Building
- Vessel: Ocean Voyager
- Snacks will be available for purchase. Filtered water provided. Soda, juice, Maui micro-brewed beer, wine and tropical well drinks including Mai Tais will be available for purchase.
- Adult Tickets (12 and older) are $45 (Up to $30 may qualify as a charitable contribution under 501c3)
- Youth Ticket (11 and younger) is $20 (Up to $5 may qualify as a charitable contribution under 501c3)
- Note: No physical tickets issued. Registered guests will be on the roster at event check-in. You will receive an emailed receipt which you can print and bring if you choose but it’s not necessary to board the cruise.
Venue: Ocean Voyager
Directions to Maalaea Harbor
Drive north on Pi’ilani Hwy (or S. Kihei Rd which runs parallel) and follow the signs that take you to Hwy 31. Eventually, that road will end in a T intersection. Get in the left turn lane to follow the signs pointing to Lahaina. At the next T intersection turn left on Hwy 30/Honoapi’ilani Hwy. In a couple of miles you will see the main intersection for the Maui Ocean Center on your left. Turn left at the lights and drive into the harbor.
Take Hwy 30/Honoapi’ilani Hwy toward Lahaina until you reach the main intersection for the Maui Ocean Center. Turn left at the lights and drive into the harbor.
Drive Southbound on Hwy 30/Honoapi’ilani Hwy. After the tunnel and past the scenic viewing area watch for the sign for Maalaea Harbor and then turn right into the harbor.
Once you are at the harbor area the easiest place to park is in the main lot in front of the Maui Ocean Center. From there walk through the area of shops and down to the water and to our boat, the Ocean Voyager.
NOTE WE WILL EMBARK ONTO THE OCEAN VOYAGER FROM THE AREA TO THE WEST OF THE COAST GUARD STATION. THERE IS NO SLIP NUMBER.